Thursday, July 12, 2007

Hilary Duff is the SECOND Richest TEEN

Cover Story Sneak Peek: Hollywood's Richest Teens
Find out how Daniel Radcliffe, Hayden Panettiere and others are cashing in

THURSDAY JULY 12, 2007 04:00 PM EDT

Photo by: Chris Ratcliffe /
Bloomberg News / Landov;
Matt Sayles / AP

Cover Story Sneak Peek | Daniel Radcliffe, Hayden Panettiere

As Lindsay Lohan, Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen and other young stars become adults, a new generation of kids is striking it rich in Hollywood.

This week's PEOPLE offers a look inside the lives of the newest mini-moguls, who aim to be both wealthy – and wise. Some highlights:

Daniel Radcliffe, 17
Already the U.K.'s richest teen, he will be paid a reported $50 million for the next two Harry Potter films. He recently dropped $17,000 on a custom-made Savoir mattress, but says, "People seem to expect me to splash out on a classic-car collection, but I've never been into cars or anything like that."

Hayden Panettiere, 17
Forbes estimates the Heroes star, whose debut album drops in 2008, earns $2 million a year. A Neutrogena spokesmodel, she knows her face is her fortune: "I get facials all the time."

Rihanna, 19
The Barbados-bred singer, whose latest CD, Good Girl Gone Bad, sold more than 200,000 copies its first two weeks out, says she's a savvy spender: "I don't like to waste money. I buy things that I'm going to get my money's worth out of, things I'm going to use a lot. I like to splurge on makeup and shoes – Louboutins! My mom loves bags. I bought her a Fendi."

Hilary Duff, 19
As CEO of her own lifestyle company, she earns about $12 million a year, according to Forbes. Still, she says, "I definitely don't just buy what I want." Case in point: She thought about buying a Porsche Cayenne Turbo for nearly $100,000, but her business manager said, "You're a terrible driver. You don't need that kind of power."

The magazine scan for Hilary Duff coverage via hilary-style.net

The_Most_richest_teens_People_magazine_scans_for_Hilary_duff

No comments: