Saturday, August 04, 2007

24 Seconds Hilary Duff Interview by 24 Hours

24 seconds with Hilary Duff
By BUZZ BISHOP

Courtesy:24 hours

She has sold more than 13 million CDs, made movies, and created a perfume and clothing line. Tonight she brings her tour to the Pacific Coliseum. Buzz Bishop spent 24 seconds with Hilary Duff on the phone from Edmonton.

24hrs: What's it like being young in Hollywood? Are there people dragging you into trouble, or do you have to go and find it?

Hilary: It's everywhere, it's really easy to find it. I love L.A. I live there, it's my home, but it's really easy to lose yourself in that town. You have to really know what you believe in and stick with it and have good friends.

24hrs: So being focused on yourself and what you want to put out there has kept your head above it?

Hilary: That and my family. I don't like to live very publicly, like so many people do. I feel like I've worked so much as it is, I want privacy.
24hrs: For most of us, running into an ex at the mall would be painful. How is it for you to see your ex (Joel Madden with new girlfriend Nicole Richie) paraded across the tvs and tabloids this week?
Hilary: It's not really a problem for me to deal with it. I want them to be happy. Joel and I ended on very good terms and we ended knowing that it was the right thing to do and it made us both happy. So it's not hard for me to see it.
24hrs: You still balance music and movies very well. You've got three more movie projects coming down the line, including War Inc (with Ben Kingsley and John Cusack) set to debut at the Toronto Film Festival. You've said this role is controversial. What's it all about?
Hilary: It's a dark comedy. It's about war and how Americans go into a place and blow it up and take it over and try to act like heroes. It's pretty messed up. I play this over-sexed pop star that has a big spark, but not much to back it up. One thing that was so much fun about doing this movie, is that it's nothing like who I am. It's nothing like my music, I look totally different in it. It's an artsy independent movie and getting to work with all those people was a treat.
24hrs: When did you become a hockey fan?
Hilary: I don't know anything about hockey.
24hrs: Well, with Mike Comrie (NY Islanders) on your arm in some photos, you're going to have to learn something.
Hilary: Do you want to give me a crash course?
24hrs: Get down to Vancouver and get a good Canucks jersey on your back!
Hilary: (laughs) Okay.

No comments: