Thursday, August 16, 2007

Hilary Duff interviewed with Marie Claire,India

Three albums: Hilary Duff, Metamorphosis and now Dignity. How do you rate your progress as a musician?
Every song of mine is personal. I couldn’t help but write about things that affected me. I was half in a relationship making the record and then half not, so there were a lot of different emotions that I covered.

One song in Dignity that holds a special place for you?
I get a lot of my song ideas when I’m driving. Sometimes a title comes to my mind and I know there’s something there. With this song ‘Dignity’, I wanted ‘raise your dignity’ to be the title and to be the chorus. Those words just stuck in my head. I thought young girls could relate to them.

You walked the red carpet all over the world even before you had a driver’s lisence. Today you have both, from teen sensation to a young woman. How does the journey feel?
Well, I’m 19 now, it’s a natural step. I don’t think I’m a full-grown adult. My mom moved out a year and a half ago, but my sister Haylie (22) and I live together. It has been more of a natural evolution than a conscious transformation.

TV shows, movies, music and perfumes. Most people your age would still be planning what to do in life. But you’ve already achieved what most don’t in an entire lifetime. What next?
I only hope that I continue my acting and music long enough, though I like to try different things and have fun. As for my fashion label, its so much fun to be a girl and play around with so many looks. I never like doing too much of one thing. It’s more fun when you mix your street-wear with high fashion.

Sometimes when we achieve so much at such a young age, there is a fear of a burnout. Does this bother you?
A lot of people keep me in check. It’s not exactly hard being so young and having so much. But young people in Hollywood get used to being told ‘yes’ all the time. When you get everything you want at a young age, you become bored. You’re like, "What’s next? What else is there?" I think that might be the problem with those who have it all. But I’m thankful for what I have.

On a lighter note, what does Hilary Duff like in terms of movies, music and men? What is your chill-out mantra?
My tastes are all over the place. I love punk and eighties’ dance. When I go out, it’s to be with friends, which is almost the same as hanging out at home. I don’t go out for ‘the scene’. I’m not looking, but if the right guy comes along, I’ll be ready.

You’ve done a bit of Madonna in the movie ‘Material Girl’. In the current album there is a song called ‘Dreamer’. Did you ever dream that one day you could also be producing music albums like her? Do you plan to do a song with her?
I was very excited to meet Madonna. If given a chance, I would love to work with her.


Courtesy:hduffworld.com

No comments: